POSTING DATE: Open until filled
CENIC connects California to the world—advancing education and research statewide by providing the world-class network essential for innovation, collaboration and economic growth. This nonprofit organization operates the California Research and Education Network (CalREN), a high-capacity network designed to meet the unique requirements of over 20 million users, including the vast majority of K-20 students together with educators, researchers and other vital public-serving institutions.
CENIC’s Charter Associates are part of the world’s largest education system; they include the California K-12 system, California Community Colleges, the California State University system, California’s Public Libraries, the University of California system, Stanford, Caltech, and USC. CENIC also provides connectivity to leading-edge institutions and industry research organizations around the world, serving the public as a catalyst for a vibrant California.
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure and Provisioning, the Provisioning Analyst is responsible for the provisioning of leased and owned circuits being modified, upgraded, or added to the CalREN network. The Provisioning Analyst is also responsible for maintaining records of activities and coordinating service order activities with ILEC’s, CLEC’s, IXC’s, CENIC Associates, and internal teams. The Provisioning Analyst works with current and future CENIC Associates and with other CENIC staff to identify viable solutions for network connectivity.
- Collaborate with the Manager and CENIC engineering team to develop connectivity solutions to support CENIC Associate requests and other initiatives
- Coordinate with the CENIC engineering team and CENIC Associates on issues related to connectivity capacity and future connectivity needs
- Collaborate with ILEC’s, CLEC’s, and IXC’s to obtain data, then develop and present proposals for broader review internally with CENIC engineering team and externally with CENIC Associates
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other CENIC teams, CENIC Associates, and commercial providers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Provision SONET, Metro Ethernet, and Transport Wavelength services
- Collaborate with CENIC staff and circuit providers on ordering and implementing circuits to support project requirements
- Develop implementation schedules and plans for ordered services
- Place circuit orders with LECs & other carriers
- Manage provisioning tasks, including coordination with CENIC engineering team, commercial carriers, and other service providers on the installation, testing and/or acceptance of circuits or services as necessary
- Collect and disseminate all support details from commercial carriers and other service providers throughout the order process (LOAs, CFAs, DLRs, etc.)
- Coordinate work and maintenance activities with CENIC Associates, service providers, and CENIC staff
- Provide accurate and timely updates both externally to CENIC Associates and internally to CENIC staff
- Obtain and/or assist in development of documentation, including as-built and CLR/DLR documentation
- Assist the Manager in the development of proposals specific to new network services
- Assist the Manager in developing and improving policies and procedures for the group
- Provide technical information, guidance, and training to other staff as required
- Monitor and analyze network circuit utilization for planning purposes
- Maintain a comprehensive and accurate database of circuits
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Five years experience in provisioning of data communications services from commercial service providers
- Strong knowledge of ILEC/CLEC/IXC inter-company operations and procedures
- Extensive experience working with service orders, facility orders, circuit orders, FOC, CFA, and DLR/CLR’s
- Highly skilled in technical communications with customers and providers
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications or similar competing products, as well as standard office equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively
- Detail-oriented with considerable ability to focus and excellent follow-through
- Demonstrated strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated
- Familiarity with the RFP process
- Understanding of the E-rate and CTF discount programs highly preferred
Sitting, standing, walking
Working at a computer for extended periods
Lifting and carrying packages of up to 20 lbs.
Occasional overnight travel may be required.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. CENIC offers a generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, liberal vacation, holiday, and sick leave, and employer contribution to retirement.
CENIC has two California offices, the home office in La Mirada and a smaller office in Berkeley. The Provisioning Analyst will work out of the La Mirada office.
CENIC is an equal opportunity employer
CENIC is proud of the diversity of our staff and of those we serve and will not deny employment on the basis of race, national origin, ethnic identification, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, or disability; neither will CENIC discriminate against any employees on the basis of the above.
Please send your resumes with salary history or current salary to:
16700 Valley View Ave. Suite 400
La Mirada, California 90638
Attn: HR Coordinator
or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Provisioning Analyst” must be in the subject of the e-mail.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.